Plants for patios and pathways must be able to withstand being trodden on from time to time!
These plants are great to put in the gaps between the paving slabs.
And also to put around the edge of the patio – these low ground hugging plants tolerate being trodden on.
The patio and pathway 12 plant collection will be selected from this range:
- Arenaria caespitosa aurea – spectacular golden carpet with a multitude of tiny white flowers in the early summer.
- Campanula muralis, Resholts, pulla, E.K. Toogood, etc – Violet, bell flowers all the way from spring to the autumn. It is just about evergreen through the winter.
- Antennaria rosea – Charming rose pink flowers in spring popping out from a low silver carpet. Remains silver and green through the winter.
- Silene uniflora Druett’s Variety – cream flowers in the summer over variegated foliage.
- Thymus serphyllum types like Coccineus, Russettings, Minimus, Bressingham, Annie Hall, Pink Chintz, etc – Vivid flowers in the late spring and early summer. Semi evergreen over winter.
- Lawn Chamomile – extremely fragrant evergreen foliage.
- Pratia pedunculata – masses of blue flowers on a large green carpet through the summer and autumn.
- Veronica prostrata types, like Lilac Time, Mrs Holt, prostrata nana, etc – deep blue or pink flowers in the spring.
- Sedum album Coral Carpet, or Golden Queen – white, or yellow flowers in the summer over coloured foliage.
- Silene acaulis – stemless pink flowers with red buds, on and off through the summer.
- Other thymes like Doone valley, Goldstream, lanuginosus, Bertram Anderson – evergreen, variegated foliage with purple flowers fading to pink in the early summer.
- Acaena microphylla Copper Carpet – ruby burrs in the autumn over bronze-purple foliage.
- Corsican Mint – miniature mauve flowers in the summer over very prostrate, fragrant foliage.
- Mazus reptans – purplish-pink flowers in the spring summer.
- Creeping Savory – white flowers in the summer over very fragrant foliage.